Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Voice Falls Silent

The following arrived in my RSS reader today (don't bother clicking the links; it's gone, folks):

Note To All My Regular Readers

I know a lot of my regular readers have been wondering what happened to this blog so I thought I would post a quick note of explanation.

My employer was not too happy to discover that I had been writing a blog and thought that my choice of topics reflected badly on them and on my position in the community. As I prefer receiving regular paychecks to blogging, we came to the agreement that it would be best if the blog was removed from the internet.

Thank you to all the kind people who have enjoyed my writing over the years and have stopped by to comment - it's been great getting to know many of you, but now it is time for me to move on to other things. I'll still stop by to visit the atheist blogosphere from time to time, though not under my own name.
I don't know whether his employer objected to the sometimes-bumptious religion debates, the occasional pictures of nekkid wimmin, or what. As far as I can recall, references to the community, the school, and the kids he taught were generally pretty positive. Whatever the reason, I'll miss my semi-regular dose of Primordiality.

And of course, it also emphasizes the reason that many people prefer to use a 'nym online.

6 comments:

John Pieret said...

Bummer. I really like Brian's blog. He'll be sorely missed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words of support Eamon. I appreciate it.

Edward said...

Brian: I'm looking for new bloggers. Send me an email if you're interested in an anon fresh start.

Jim Beswick said...

Hi Brian,

Miss your blog.
Hope you find another way to share your knowledge with us all.

Thanks for the many great blogs over the last year or so.

Jim

Evolving Squid said...

I never blog about work. ever. It's one of my only two hard and fast rules. There's no mention of where I work, no mention of customers (not even as veiled pseudonymns).

The other rule is: if my employer gets on my arse about legal activities in which I partake outside of business hours, then I'm not interested in continuing our relationship. There are always other jobs.

Fatima said...

Brian: I never commented before but I really enjoyed your blog. I am currently reevaluating some of my beliefs about Christianity and your blog was my favorite on the subject - very informative and funny. Good luck to you in the future.